Hazmat Incident Temporarily Closes Portion of Victorian Square in Sparks

This article originally appeared on www.ktvn.com.  H2O Environmental Hazmat Services

Read the article at the original source and to learn how H2O Environmental is helping the community

A portion of Victorian Avenue temporarily closed after Sparks firefighters responded to a hazardous material incident at Wagon Train Motel late Tuesday morning.

Firefighters say they received a 911 from a woman stating she smelled something like chlorine and that her throat was burning, around 11:30 a.m.

When authorities arrived, they say three of the occupants complained of throat irritation and were taken to the hospital for further evaluation.

Firefighters immediately cordoned off the affected area of the motel complex, and evacuated those residents. Residents of four units had to be relocated to vacant units, until their units have been repaired.

Firefighters say the motel manager stated that he was trying to unclog some pipes with a mix of chlorine and muriatic acid. They say the mixture placed a strong smell through some of the motel rooms, and also created throat irritation in some of the residents.

Twelve personnel responded including two engine companies, Hazardous Material Response Team, Battalion Chief, a PIO along with Washoe County Environmental Control and H2O Environmental.

If you need help with hazardous materials clean up contact H2O Environmental

ADD YOUR COMMENT